Thursday, April 06, 2006

3/10 Asheville, NC Dr Killed by Father of Deceased Patient

John David Beavers, 47, fatally shot Dr. Brian Ling, 50, in his office early in the morning. Beavers had made an appointment to see him and after arriving, the man went with Ling into an examination room, where they remained for an undetermined amount of time. Staff members heard gunshots and they burst into the room," tackling the gunman, taking his weapon and holding him until police arrived. Officers recovered a handgun at the scene. Beavers son, Michael, was a patient of Ling’s and died 6 days earlier. Michael Beavers had a lifelong history of health problems, suffering from kidney failure at 11 and had been getting dialysis treatments for years. He died on March 3, a day after suffering a stroke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this is old news, but it still breaks my heart. Dr. Ling treated my father, who lingered in a coma for several days before we decided to take him off life support (after sudden cardiac arrest). He was an exceptional physician and a very empathetic human being. I was speechless when my mother shared this horrible news with me. I still have a hard time believing it.