Friday, September 01, 2006

8/31/07 Murfreesboro, TN Man Shoots Ex-Wife at Veterinarian in Front of Co-Workers

Joseph "Joe" Karl Rizzo, 40, used a handgun to shoot and kill his estranged wife, Susan "Sue" Marie Rizzo, 29, and himself in the morning at her workplace, a veterinarian clinic. She was separated from him and was living with her mother.
The victim arrived at the office before 7 a.m. when the business opens. Her husband appeared to be following her, two co-worker witnesses told police. He told the witnesses to leave but they thought he was joking. The coworkers walked into the back of their office when the husband said he was serious. Then, the victim was heard to cry “Oh my God,” and she ran into the holding area as they tried to hold the door closed. The assailant pushed his way in. As the victim ran out, the assailant fired a shot as she was entering the hallway. She dropped, and he stood over her firing more shots. The husband then allegedly stepped into the hall, and shot himself.

2 comments:

Maximus Doom said...

Yes, this was very unfortunate. I live down the street. I was on my way to work that morning at that very hour when some guy pulled out of there hurriedly and almost hit me.

Unknown said...

Joe was my first cousin. I grew up with him in upstate NY. After I moved away when we were young I never saw him until about 4 years ago at a Family Thanksgiving dinner in PA. I never thought he would do something like this but I didn't know him after I moved away. I guess he loved his wife so much that he couldn't live without her. I did meet his daughter at the dinner. She is such a beautiful you girl. It's a sham she has to live the rest of her life knowing what her father did. I will never forgive him for what he did.